304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
If you have a microwave that’s not working, you’ll need to know how to troubleshoot a microwave before you can fix it.
The problem is not that the microwave isn’t working, but rather that the microwave buttons are not working.
We’ll look at the common problems that you may run into and how to fix a microwave’s [PANEL] that is not working.
Microwave ovens come with a control panel that is responsible for the working of the appliance. The control panel contains various buttons and knobs that allow the user to adjust the temperature, power and other settings.
how to check follow these guidelines
1. Turn the power off to the microwave.
2. Remove the cover on the microwave.
3. Check to see if the power cord is plugged in all the way and if the light is on.
4. Look for any signs of damage or missing parts on the control panel.
5. Try to operate the microwave using the buttons on the panel.
6. If the microwave still doesn’t work, check to see if the control panel is installed properly by checking for signs of damage or missing parts. If there are no signs of damage or missing parts, the control panel may be defective and you’ll need to replace it.
7. Reinstall the cover on the microwave and turn the power on.
8. If the microwave still doesn’t work, you may need to replace the control panel.
Please take following measures to replace the control panel [ buttons]
There’s going to be four clips two on each side And then there will be a little groove So what you’re going to do is you’re going to pull up and towards.
You don’t be too abrasive because there are wires that attach to the panel. So you want to be careful while you’re doing that.
Go ahead and reassemble your microwave for this portion We’re just going to put the panel back in and then I’m gonna plug it in and then we’re going to test it to see if the panel does start operating properly.
Microwave ovens use a membrane switch to control the flow of microwaves into and out of the oven.
The membrane switch is a thin piece of plastic or metal that sits between the oven and the food.
When the microwave oven is turned on, the membrane switch opens, letting microwaves into the oven.
The membrane switch closes when the microwave is turned off, stopping the flow of microwaves.